Exhibition Entry Terms & Conditions
FOR SUBMISSION OF WORK FOR OUR PRINTMAKERS OPEN ‘IMPRESSIONS’ AUGUST 2021
The term 'Exhibition Organiser' means the Sou’-Sou’-West Contemporary Arts Gallery Symondsbury and Lyme Bay Arts CIC, a Company limited by guarantee, registration no. 5402004.
- Impressions is open to anyone who creates original work using printmaking techniques.
- All work must be for sale whether in the gallery or online
- All work must be delivered to the gallery on 9th August 2021 or by special arrangement.
- There is no limit on size of work, but if any piece is over 120cm sq, you must inform us by contacting: email@example.com
- All work must be ready to hang with appropriate D-rings and string or other hanging arrangements
- All work must be clearly labelled, on baggage labels if possible, with artist’s name, title of work, medium and price of work which includes any commission
- All works will be stored in line with the government Covid Guidelines. Artists must provide adequate packaging for storage clearly marked with your name on outside of wrapping
- All works must be an original creation by the artist
- It is the artist's responsibility to insure their work if required. There is public liability insurance cover for the gallery
- Work will be professionally handled and curated. We will endeavour to hang at least 2 pieces of work. Any unhung work will be made available to replace any work sold and taken away at the discretion of the curator
Titles, medium and prices of works must be listed on the Online Registration Form which must correspond exactly to the labels you have put on your artwork.
Open for Entries: 9th January 2021
Deadline for Entry: Sunday 8th August 2021
Delivery of work: 9th August 2021 or by arrangement with the gallery
Exhibition Opens 14th August - 5 Sept
Collection of work 6 Sept by arrangement with the gallery.
All sales made through the Exhibition are sold between the Sou’-Sou’-West Gallery on behalf of Lyme Bay Arts CIC and the buyer. Lyme Bay Arts CIC is not registered for VAT and this will not be charged of the artist.
Online sales will be subject to our online returns policy.
A commission of 35% will be charged on the price paid for the work.
Any sale effected by the Exhibition Organisers will have priority over a sale effected by the artist.
The signing of the Registration Form is to be taken as the unreserved acceptance of the entire contents of these conditions and those on the Schedule by the signatory.
The Exhibition Organisers reserve the right to withhold from exhibiting any work submitted without giving any reason.
The Exhibition Organisers reserve the right to take down any pictures sold and replace them with other works.
All artists must read and acknowledge the Rules and Conditions of Entry before submitting work.
All works of art must be for sale in the gallery and/or online. The price of the works stated on the Registration Form should include a commission of 35%. PLEASE NOTE: Artists are completely responsible for the correct pricing of their work and should check their Registration Form in advance to make sure prices are accurate. Works will be sold at the prices listed on your Registration Form with no exceptions.
Copyright of all works other than commissioned work, remains the property of the artist. Any enquiries for copyright will be referred to the artist.
Artists accept and agree that all works in the exhibition may be reproduced for: press, publicity, promotion and advertising of Sou’-Sou’-West and LymeBay Arts CIC
CARE OF WORKS AND INSURANCE
The Exhibition Organisers will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to works during the delivery of work. Artists are advised to insure their own works. The exhibition carries no alternate insurance, except Public Liability.
Sou’-Sou’-West and Lyme Bay Arts CIC holds personal data provided by entrants for the exhibition. This information will be used solely in conjunction with your Entry Form for the ‘Impressions’ exhibition. In registering, artists agree that if selected for the Exhibition, they will be added to the mailing lists of Sou’-Sou’-West and Lyme Bay Arts CIC, from which it is possible to unsubscribe at any time.
EXHIBITION OF WORK
It is our aim to exhibit all works submitted, but this is at the discretion of the curators. The curators’ decisions are final.